Frequently Asked Questions
Cracked heels are a common foot problem that are often referred to as heel fissures. Cracks in the heels are generally caused by insufficient moisture. When the skin around the heels becomes thickened or dry, it loses its suppleness and elasticity, and can split under simple pressures such as that from walking.
Causes of Cracked Heels include : Walking around barefooted or in open backed sandals, Long standing at work or home, esp. on hard floors, Ill-fitting shoes or sandals, Low humidity during dry summers or cold winters, Dehydration, or not drinking enough water, Not moisturizing your feet, Using harsh, drying soaps on your feet, Scrubbing feet dry, Medical conditions like Obesity, Diabetes, etc
Below mentioned are the signs and symptoms of cracked heels- Dry Skin- The first sign of cracked heels is the rough and dry skin; Peeling Skin- It is also an early stage of cracked heels; Cracks- Formation of cracks on your heels; Itching- The skin on the top of your feet gets rough and get result in itching; Red And Flaky Skin.
Cracked heels becomes painful when deep cracks start appearing. Other complications include- Burning Sensation,Difficulty In Walking Or Running, You Cannot Stand For Too Long.
- Prevent dehydration.
- Drink enough water to hydrate your body.
- Always apply a foot cream or moisturizer to your feet before going to bed.
- Avoid standing for too long. Check for the signs of cracked feet.
- Wear clean and good quality shoes and socks.
- Never use nail clippers to cut off the skin.
- It can also cause infection and severe complications.
In diabetes, the blood sugar level changes. It damages the nerve cells of your feet and the skin on your feet may become dry and rough.
Heelmate starts showing effect in 3 days. For mild cracked heels, effects can be seen in just 10-14 days but severely cracked heels can take a longer time.
Heelmate is India’s only cream that is powered with Aqua Magnet Technology and has 8 recommended moisturizing ingredients that treat and repair cracked heels in 3 steps – Attract-Lock-Heal. It’s non-sticky, non-greasy, and aromatic formula spreads and penetrates easily and results in soft, smooth and beautiful heels.
- Wash & Clean feet with lukewarm water.
- Wipe the feet dry with a soft towel.
- Apply Heelmate Cream liberally over the heels.
- Gently rub evenly on the heels and allow to dry.
- Repeat twice daily – morning after bathing, and evening before bedtime.
Heelmate is made up with the natural goodness of-
- Calendula: Reduces swelling, heals wounds & moisturizes skin.
- Daruhaldi: Antiseptic & natural pain reliever.
- Jasmine: Treats dryness of skin & reduces cracks.
- Kokum Butter: Heals cracks and restores elasticity making heels smooth.
Aqua Magnet Technology is Heelmate’s trademark technology that has a 3 step action of Attract-Lock-Heal for cracked heal repair.
- ATTRACT: 2 ingredients attract moisture from inside-&-out to heels.
- LOCK: 2 ingredients lock the moisture at heels.
- HEAL: 4 natural extracts reduce swelling, provide pain relief and soften the heel.
- Heelmate should only be used for dry, cracked skin on the heels and foot.
- Please wash feet with lukewarm water and dry with towel before usage.
- Heelmate cream can be used twice daily, once after bathing and once before bedtime.
- To get best results, wear socks after application for better absorption of the cream.
- This cream is only for external topical use and should not be ingested.
- Keep in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Replace cap tightly.
- If symptoms persist and don’t improve, consult a doctor.
- Do not use Heelmate if you have had an allergic reaction against any ingredient in the cream.
- Keep out of reach of children.